- Botswana lies in the centre of southern Africa, and has excellent connections and communications with the SADC region;
- Gaborone hosts the secretariat of the Southern African Development Community (SADC); and
- Botswana has a growing economy with a high demand for consultancies and research.
The Centre’s core staff and its project associates have considerable local, regional and international experience. CAR project associates are drawn from CAR’s local, regional and global networks.
Previous & current clients
- National governments (e.g. Botswana, Germany and Japan)
- Multilateral organisations (e.g. Commonwealth Secretariat, CRIDF, FAO, SADC, UNDP and World Bank, GIZ-Australian AID and DIFID TWM)
- River basin organisations (OKACOM,Buzi, Pungwe & Save or BuPuSa)
- Private companies (e.g. BMC, Debswana and Tahal)
- Non-government organisations (e.g. IUCN, KCS and Birdlife Botswana).
- Resilient Waters Program
Countries worked in
Botswana, Angola, Namibia, Rwanda, Mozambique, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and SADC region.
4; 3 professionals,
1 admin officer
Number of projects
Average 5-6 p.a.
Est. associates worked with