- Botswana lies in the centre of southern Africa, and has excellent connections and communications with SADC region;
- Gaborone hosts the secretariat of the Southern African Development Community (SADC); and
- Botswana has a growing economy with a high demand for consultancies and research.
The Centre’s staff and its network of associates have considerable regional and international experience, and CAR can draw upon its local, regional and global networks to carry out work in other countries.
Previous & current clients
- National governments (e.g. Botswana, Germany and Japan)
- Multilateral organisations (e.g. Commonwealth Secretariat, CRIDF, FAO, SADC, UNDP and World Bank, GIZ-Australian AID and DIFID TWM)
- River basin organisations (OKACOM,Buzi, Pungwe & Save or BuPuSa)
- Private companies (e.g. BMC, Debswana and Tahal)
- Non-government organisations (e.g. IUCN, KCS and Birdlife Botswana).
- Resilient Waters Program
Countries worked in
Botswana, Angola, Namibia, Rwanda, Mozambique, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and SADC region.
4; 3 professionals,
1 admin officer
Number of projects
Average 5-6 p.a.
Est. associates worked with