The Centre for Applied Research was established in the year 2000. We are registered in Botswana and located in its modern, fast-growing capital Gaborone.
Our goal is to carry out and build capacity in high-quality consultancy, research and training which contribute to poverty reduction and sustainable growth in the region.
We have carried out over 100 projects between 2000 and 2016. The projects vary in size, orientation and in location.
- Support for Natural Capital Accounting in Uganda (February – Sept 2019)
- Economic assessment of environmental externalities of a planned… (on-going)
- Assessing the use of ‘nighlights’ as an indicator of economic activity (on-going)
- Study of potential of veld-products for poverty reduction, economic diversification
- Assessment of the National Infrastructure and Capacity